Reports & findings
- Profiling of energy consumers: psychological and contextual factors of energy behaviour (D1.1, M12 – September 2021)
- Research methodology for assessing the effectiveness of interventions regarding change of energy-efficient behaviour (D2.2, update, January 2022)
- Report on pilot results: interim report (D4.1, INEGI, October 2022)
- Report presenting the project communication and dissemination strategy (2020), and update (2021)
Coming in 2023
- Final report on the evaluation of nudging interventions through pilot data (D2.3, M36 – November 2023)
- Report on recommendations for policymakers and relevant stakeholders (D5.3, M35 – November 2023)
- Compilation of provided policy briefs (D5.4, M35 – November 2023)
- Report on pilot results: final report (D4.2, INEGI, November 2023)
- Synthesis of published papers in a scientific NUDGE booklet (IEECP, D6.4, November 2023)
Research papers, journal publications and event proceedings
- Research paper – Self-consumption rises due to energy crises? An evaluation of prosumers’ consumption behavior in 2022 (July 2023)
- Peer-reviewed paper: Why do people turn down the heat? Applying behavioural theories to assess reductions in space heating and energy consumption in Europe (April 2023)
- Open access article: Opportunities for Promoting Healthy Homes and Long-Lasting Energy-Efficient Behaviour among Families with Children in Portugal (February 2023)
- Beyond clustering: rethinking the segmentation of energy consumers when nudging them towards energy-saving behavior (December 2022)
- Peer-reviewed paper – Intervening me softly – Modeling nudging interventions to change EV user preferences (June 2022)
- SDGs and the engagement of EU citizens: The role of behavioral science in the energy transition (March 2021)
The project is deriving policy recommendations for different stakeholders, including policy- and decision-makers, energy providers, technology providers (e.g., smartphone app designers), energy communities and consumer associations.
Policy brief #1 – Profiling and nudging energy consumers to heat efficiently (also available in Greek)
Later in 2023, an online recommendation tool will be publicly accessible from the website and allow the various interested stakeholders to receive easy-to-access information and recommendations tailored to their specific needs. Consultation workshops, as well as a workshop in the EU Parliament will be organised in 2023.
Videos and podcasts
- 2022 – Podcast – Changing people’s behaviour
- 2022 – Podcast – Energy efficiency: the solution to Europe’s energy crisis
- 2020 – Discover NUDGE in a 15-minutes video!
- 2020 – NUDGE in Croatian in 2 webinars
- Webinar #1, 2021 – Understanding energy consumers’ behaviour to design nudging interventions: first dive into the NUDGE project
- EUSEW event, 2022 – Towards energy aware behaviours: how studies on young generations can inform better policy design
Communication and informational material
Briefings and articles
- 2023 – Briefing – Towards energy aware behaviours: how studies on young generations can inform better policy design
- 2023 – Article: How can we ensure citizens are safeguarded from rising energy prices?
- 2023 – Article: European Citizens Energy Forum: Understanding energy consumers’ behaviour to design nudging interventions
- 2022 – Empowering people to act: how awareness and behaviour campaigns can enable citizens to save energy during and beyond today’s energy crisis – This IEA commentary provides an overview of practical examples and features, including NUDGE.
Brochures and posters
- Brochure – Brochure in Croatian – Brochure in Portuguese
- Generic project poster in English – Poster in Croatian
- Poster focusing on the nudges: what are they? some examples are included
- Poster – Nudging people towards heating efficiently according to their profile (also available in Croatian)
- First project newsletter – March 2021
- Second project newsletter, November 2021
- Third newsletter, March 2023
- Fourth newsletter: July 2023
Discover below our sister projects, working on similar topics or having at heart the same goals! Click to find out more about each of them. In addition, NUDGE has recently joined a new group of 20 projects: the “Smart Energy Cluster”.